EQUIS Reaccreditation in June 2015
In June 2015, the Business School was – for the second consecutive time – awarded EQUIS accreditation for 5 years by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
“Achieving EQUIS reaccreditation is a fantastic achievement that further enhances the school’s international standing,” said Professor Chris Styles, Dean of the Business School.
“There are thousands of business schools in the world, but only 156 have received EQUIS accreditation and not all are granted the full five-year accreditation, which places the School in an exclusive group of the world's leading business schools.” Read the full media release.
Reaccreditation included an intensive international peer review, which highlighted a number of our core strengths, including:
- Impressive reputation in the national market
- Strong corporate connections/partnerships
- Quality of students and staff
- Outstanding teaching performance
- Strong research ethos which permeates throughout what we do
The EQUIS Awarding Body made the following comments in its letter conferring our reaccreditation:
“The Awarding Body was impressed with the significant progress made since the School was last accredited by EQUIS in June 2010 and the seriousness with which it has addressed its development objectives. All the staff of the School should be congratulated on this result.”
“The Awarding Body took particular note of the quality of the School as demonstrated by its international faculty, strong research culture and outstanding reputation in the Australian business education market.”
For Business School staff members, a copy of our self-assessment report, supporting appendices, the PRT report and other related information is available on
AACSB International Accreditation
In June 2013, The Business School along with the
School of Business (SBUS) at UNSW Canberra, were awarded accreditation from AACSB International.
AACSB is a not-for-profit body comprising educational institutions and other organisations promoting and enhancing the quality of business higher education internationally. The Business School and SBUS are among the 736 AACSB-accredited business schools around the world.
Read the media release
Why do we seek and maintain accreditation?
International accreditation allows us to:
- Demonstrate the quality of our programs to current and prospective students, employers, industry and other stakeholders around the world
- Show our commitment to enhanced outcomes in program performance and learning and teaching
- Continuous and strategic self-review and improvement
- Benchmark our school against international best practice, with constructive review team feedback
- Be part of a group of high-performing international business schools, working together to support education excellence around the world
- Provide more opportunities for staff to network and develop partnerships with peer institutions internationally
For Further information:
Senior Project Officer
Phone: +61 2 9385 6182