The Business School is involved in international accreditation initiatives that enhance the quality of our educational activities, provide an assurance of quality for our stakeholders, and grow our international reputation.
In June 2010 our Business School was awarded EQUIS accreditation for a full 5 years by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). This places the Business School in an exclusive group of the world’s leading business schools – only 142 of more than 13,000 business schools in the world have received EQUIS accreditation, and less than half of these for the five year term.
Our EQUIS accreditation expires mid June 2015 and we have now entered the re-accreditation process.
AACSB International Accreditation
In June 2013, The Business School along with the
School of Business (SBUS) at UNSW Canberra, were awarded accreditation from AACSB International.
AACSB is a not-for-profit body comprising educational institutions and other organisations promoting and enhancing the quality of business higher education internationally. The Business School and SBUS are among around 700 AACSB-accredited business schools around the world. Read the media release
For Business School staff members, a copy of our self-evaluation report, supporting appendices, the PRT report and other related information is available on
Why are we seeking and maintaining accreditation
International accreditation allows us to:
- Demonstrate the quality of our programs to current and prospective students, employers, industry and other stakeholders around the world
- Show our commitment to enhanced outcomes in program performance and learning and teaching
- Continuous and strategic self-review and improvement
- Benchmark our school against international best practice, with constructive review team feedback
- Be part of a group of high-performing international business schools, working together to support education excellence around the world
- Provide more opportunities for staff to network and develop partnerships with peer institutions internationally
Senior Project Officer
Accreditation & Quality Assurance
Phone: +61 2 9385 6182