The aim of the UNSW Business School’s Doctoral Program in Banking & Finance is to train you with the skills to identify, analyse and solve problems using original academic research in this field. Two years of rigorous coursework will be undertaken, followed by full-time research culminating in a doctoral thesis. Your exciting work, under the guidance of world-class academic experts, will ultimately make a valuable impact on future research and practices in your chosen field.
designed to provide students with in-depth learning of modern theories, practices, and research processes in Finance. This degree is suitable for students who aim to pursue a Doctoral study or an industry role with strong research and quantitative focus.
At the School of Banking and Finance, research candidates have access to:
- a diverse set of research expertise in all areas of finance from our large body of academics
- opportunities to collaborate with academics (and fellow research candidates) who publish regularly in top-tier finance journals
- research training fundamental to becoming a successful researcher and future academic through a rigorous course component, including a large number of courses in economics, econometrics, finance and financial mathematics.
- one of the largest collections of finance research databases
- a highly selective finance seminar series and opportunities to interact with world renowned academic visitors
- opportunities to interact and collaborate with a highly selective groups of fellow research candidates
- opportunities to work on research that combines theory and practice, especially in the Applied Research stream of the PhD program
- funding support for international conference presentations and other professional development activity.
- attractive research scholarships, including those from the CMCRC in support of the Applied Research stream.