Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): designed to provide students with rigorous training of research in Finance and an opportunity to become a successful independent researcher. This degree is suitable for students who aim to pursue an academic career in Finance (and related areas) or an industry role with strong research and quantitative focus.
PhD – Applied Research is a separate stream within the PhD degree delivered in partnerships with industry sponsors and in collaboration with the
Capital Markets Cooperative Research Centre.
Master of Philosophy (MPhil): designed to provide students with in-depth learning of modern theories, practices, and research processes in Finance. This degree is suitable for students who aim to pursue a Doctoral study or an industry role with strong research and quantitative focus.
At the School of Banking and Finance, research candidates have access to:
- a diverse set of research expertise in all areas of finance from
our large body of academics
- opportunities to
collaborate with academics (and
fellow research candidates) who publish regularly in top-tier finance journals
- research training fundamental to becoming a successful researcher and future academic through a rigorous course component, including a large number of courses in economics, econometrics, finance and financial mathematics.
- one of the largest collections of finance research databases
- a highly selective
finance seminar series and opportunities to interact with world renowned academic visitors
- opportunities to interact and collaborate with a highly selective groups of fellow
- opportunities to work on research that combines theory and practice, especially in the Applied Research stream of the
- funding support for
international conference presentations and other professional development activity.
- attractive research scholarships, including those from the CMCRC in support of the Applied Research stream.