UNSW Economics Society
The UNSW Economics Society (EcoSoc) is the student organisation for all students within the School of Economics, UNSW Australia Business School.
EcoSoc provides academic support, careers information and an interactive social network for students studying any economics or commerce subject.
All students enrolled in an Economics degree or course (including an Economics major or subject under a Commerce or Arts degree) at UNSW are automatically members of EcoSoc. We also offer free membership to Political Economy students.
The EcoSoc hosts a variety of events, including:
- The UNSW Economics Careers Day, an annual careers fair with information stalls and individual sponsor firm presentations
- The RBA Economics Competition, an annual national essay competition sponsored by the Reserve Bank of Australia
- Social events, including member’s lunches, dinners and trivia night
EcoSoc also organises debates, forums, guest lectures and a trip to the Reserve Bank of Australia for a seminar held by the Economic Society of Australia.
For more information visit the Economics Society website or email
email@example.com. You can also visit the EcoSoc office during office hours, located in Room 421 in the Business School Building.
School of Economics Research Students Association
All research students currently enrolled in PhD and MPhil programs within the School of Economics are automatically members of the School of Economics Research Students Association (ERSA).
The main aims of ERSA are to:
- Encourage the exchange of information between research students in relation to academic and extra-curriculum activities
- Provide a forum for the discussion of issues related to their research experience
- Promote a research culture that nourishes personal bonds and reliance between students
- Be a formal channel of communication between the Head of School and the large group of research students within the School of Economics
- Voice concerns and awareness over issues that Economics research students have
For more information please contact the President of ERSA, Jun (Jimmy) Feng via