The School of Marketing at the UNSW Business School is a centre of excellence in marketing education and marketing thought. As the first School of Marketing in Australia, it combines academic rigour with practical relevance. This combination inspires our research priorities and underpins our teaching.
As a premier educational institution, the School of Marketing has a teaching capability in all aspects of marketing:
- Marketing Analytics, Marketing Strategy, and Marketing Management
- Advertising and Sales Promotion
- Services Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Research
- Brand and Product Management
- Innovation and Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Distribution and Logistics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business-to-Business Marketing
- Digital Marketing
Our students study Marketing in a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate coursework degree programs, including the Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Economics, Master of Commerce (Marketing) and Master of Commerce (Marketing Analytics).
How is marketing used in the real world?
Marketing plays a major role in today’s business world. It creates, provides and communicates value to customers, clients, suppliers and other groups.
Marketing is not only a pervasive social and economic function but also a critical foundation for the survival and prosperity of all businesses and many, if not most, other organisations.
What do marketing courses cover?
As Australia’s first marketing school, we’ve created courses that evolve with the industry.
- How to use market research to identify what consumers want
- How to select target markets and develop specialised marketing programs for distinct market segments within those markets
- How to develop innovative products and services
- The best ways to price, package, communicate and deliver these offerings
- How to analyse big data to create marketing opportunities and competitive strategies