Our members include tax academics, writers and administrators from Australia and New Zealand. We are a friendly and supportive network of people who share a common interest in taxation.
2016 ATTA Conference and Call for Papers
Papers are invited to be submitted to the upcoming Australasian Tax Teachers’ Association’s 28th Annual Conference. The theme of the conference is “Tax and Time Travel: Looking Backwards and Looking Forwards” and papers are invited to be submitted that explore the future or tax law and policy in the light its development to date.
The conference will be hosted by the UNSW School of Taxation and Business Law and will be held at UNSW Kensington Campus from 20th to 22nd January 2016.
Papers on the conference theme are strongly encouraged; although the submission of papers on any aspect of taxation is welcome. Also, papers that explore the scholarship of tax teaching and learning are invited.
Current PhD students are encouraged to submit an abstract as there will be special mentoring workshops for them. There will be prizes for best tax research paper, best tax teaching presentation and best PhD student paper.
Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be emailed to Maree Magafas at
email@example.com by Friday 25th September 2015.
Interested in taking part in Tax Time Travel – Registrations soon to be opened
Registration will open soon and there are a number registration options including:
- Super Early Bird: $460 (3 day conference attendance with welcome drinks and dinner) Registration and payment due by 30 Sept 2015
- Early Bird: $510 (3 day conference attendance with welcome drinks and dinner) Registration and payment due by 13 December 2015
- Full Fee (after 13 December 2015): $560 (3-day conference attendance with welcome drinks and dinner)
- PhD Students (Full time): $360 (3-day conference attendance with dinner)
- ATO rate: $360 (Days 2 and 3 conference attendance)
- Industry: $175 (Day 2 conference attendance with morning and lunch)
- Dinner only: $160 (Day 2 conference dinner)
If you have any questions please contact Maree Magafas at
+61 (2) 9385 9549
Past ATTA Conferences
- The 2015 conference, with the theme
Tax - “It’s time” for change was hosted by the University of Adelaide in January 2015.
- The 2014 conference, with the theme
The Politics of Tax was hosted by Griffith University in January 2014.
- The 2013 conference was hosted by the University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ and the 2012 conference was hosted by the Sydney Law School and the University of Sydney Business School, Sydney, Australia.