2016 ATTA Conference
‘Tax and Time Travel’ – Registrations open now
Registration are now open. To confirm your attendance at the 2016 ATTA Conference hosted at UNSW, please click here
- Super Early Bird: $460 (3 day conference attendance with welcome drinks and dinner) Registration and payment due by 30 September 2015
- Early Bird: $510 (3 day conference attendance with welcome drinks and dinner) Registration and payment due by 13 December 2015
- Full Fee (after 13 December 2015): $560 (3-day conference attendance with welcome drinks and dinner)
- PhD Students (Full time): $360 (3-day conference attendance with dinner) PhD students are asked not to register if they plan to apply for an ATTA PhD Scholarship. See below for more details.
- ATO rate: $360 (Days 2 and 3 conference attendance)
- Industry: $175 (Day 2 conference attendance with morning and lunch)
- Dinner only: $160 (Day 2 conference dinner)
Scholarships are available to support PhD attendance at the ATTA Conference. Applications are due to Maree Magafas at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25th September 2015.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited to be submitted to the upcoming Australasian Tax Teachers’ Association’s 28th Annual Conference. The theme of the conference is “Tax and Time Travel: Looking Backwards and Looking Forwards” and papers are invited to be submitted that explore the future or tax law and policy in the light its development to date.
The conference will be hosted by the UNSW School of Taxation and Business Law and will be held at UNSW Kensington Campus from 20th to 22nd January 2016.
Papers on the conference theme are strongly encouraged; although the submission of papers on any aspect of taxation is welcome. Also, papers that explore the scholarship of tax teaching and learning are invited.
Current PhD students are encouraged to submit an abstract as there will be special mentoring workshops for them. There will be prizes for best tax research paper, best tax teaching presentation and best PhD student paper.
Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be emailed to Maree Magafas at email@example.com by Friday 25th September 2015.
Accommodation and Travel
The organising committee have arranged a delegate rate at New College and Crowne Plaza Coogee.
Crowne Plaza Coogee are also offering a discounted rate for UNSW delegates (starting at $185 per night) – http://www.crowneplazacoogee.com.au/book-now/. Please use corporate id: 958397556. Bookings to be made by 15 December 2015 to secure a discounted rate.
The delegate rate is $80 per night for a private room with ensuite (limited availability) or $65 per night for a private room with breakfast (shared bathroom facilities). http://www.ncv.unsw.edu.au/university-accommodation/conferences-functions-short-stays
Other options near Kensington Campus:
|Establishment Hotel ||5 Stars ||+61 2 9240 3100 ||5 Bridge Lane, Sydney |
|InterContinental Sydney||5 Stars ||+61 29253 9000 ||117 Macquarie Street, Sydney |
|Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney||5 Stars ||+61 2 8214 0000 ||27 O'Connell Street, Sydney |
|Sofitel Sydney Wentworth||5 Stars ||+61 2 9230 0700 ||61-101 Phillip Street, Sydney |
|Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay||5 Stars ||+61 2 9259 7000 ||30 Pitt Street, Sydney |
|The Westin Sydney||5 Stars ||+61 2 8223 1111 ||1 Martin Place, Sydney |
|The Menzies Hotel Sydney||4 Stars ||+61 2 9299 1000 ||14 Carrington Street, Sydney |
|Mantra 2 Bond Street||4 Stars ||131517 ||Cnr George St & Bond St, Sydney |
|Medina Serviced Apartments Martin Place||4 Stars ||+61 2 9224 6400 ||1 Hosking Place, Sydney |
|Rydges Sydney Central||4 Stars||+61 2 9281 6888||169-179 Thomas St, Sydney |
|Mercure Sydney||4 Stars||+ 61 2 9217 6666||818-820 George St, Haymarket |
The 3 day conference will be held at Colombo House (map coordinates B16), Gate 4 High Street, Kensington Campus, UNSW.
Download a campus map here
Travelling from Coogee/Randwick by bus
From Randwick: Catch the 400 and get off at Gate 9 High Street
From Coogee: Catch the 370 or M50 and get off at Gate 9 High Street
Travelling from the City
Catch any bus that travels along Anzac Parade and get off at the main UNSW Anzac Parade gate.
Purchasing tickets to travel on Sydney Buses
Some travel tickets can be purchased at the time of travel and some tickets can be purchased in advance (Prepay), from ticket outlets that include newsagencies, convenience stores, selected post offices, shops and kiosks. To find out more about ticketing options please visit: http://www.transportnsw.info/sites/en/tickets/ticket-types/bus.page
For more information on public transport, please visit: http://www.transportnsw.info
The cost of taxi from Sydney airport to UNSW main campus is approximately $40. Sydney has a range of taxi services including:
- Taxis Combined Services 13 3300
- Premier Cabs 13 1017
- ABC Taxis 13 2522
- Silver Service Taxis 13 3100
Past ATTA Conferences
- The 2015 conference, with the theme Tax - “It’s time” for change was hosted by the University of Adelaide in January 2015.
- The 2014 conference, with the theme The Politics of Tax was hosted by Griffith University in January 2014.
- The 2013 conference was hosted by the University of Auckland, Auckland, NZ and the 2012 conference was hosted by the Sydney Law School and the University of Sydney Business School, Sydney, Australia.