Launching in June 2019, UNSW School of Taxation & Business Law’s Tax Clinic will support unrepresented, lower income or vulnerable taxpayers and small businesses in managing their tax affairs.
The mission of the Tax Clinic is to improve access to tax justice for marginalised members of the community by providing tax advice and advocacy, empowering individuals and small businesses through community education, and removing systemic injustice by advocating for tax reform.
The Tax Clinic is currently calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for its Pro Bono Network. The Pro Bono Network provides a platform for pro bono work from both accounting firms, law firms, and barristers’ chambers ready and willing to represent potential clients in dispute with the ATO.
Apply now >
- A willingness to provide ad hoc assistance on a referral basis to disadvantaged clients in dispute with the ATO
- A desire to provide a service to the community
- A willingness to undergo training as and when required
- A willingness to share your experience and expertise with others
- A commitment to working as a team with other volunteer lawyers
- To be an active listener and to show empathy towards clients
- To communicate the advice clearly and sensitively
email@example.com with “ATTN: Tax Clinic Pro Bono” in the subject line.