Case interviews designed to test your ability to think strategically, analyse and solve complex problems under pressure, be creative, think on your feet, communicate and present.
When conducted well, case study interviews can give the interviewer great insight into your ability to organise your thoughts, pursue a well-reasoned line of inquiry and assemble theories on possible solutions to the problems presented in the case.
It’s important to remember that in the context of case analysis, your process of deduction and analytical thinking is as important as the answer you derive.
Management Consulting Firms
The following list is in alphabetical order and is not exhaustive. There are globally recognised management consulting organisations, mid-tier firms, boutique firms and small operations that may specialise in specific industries or types of work. Do not limit your career goals or networking opportunities to the well-known ‘brands’. All candidates are advised to do a thorough search and identify additional firms to explore.
List of management consulting firms
- A.T. Kearney
- ACIL Allen
- Advisian (formerly Evans & Peck)
- Aon Consulting
- Aurecon Consulting
- Bain & Company
- Blue Ocean Strategy Australia
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Capgemini Consulting
- Cognizant Technology
- Corporate Value Associates
- Egon Zehnder International
- Ernst & Young
- Gallup Consulting
- Global Business Group
- GNC Group
- Grant Thornton
- Grosvenor Management Consulting
- IMS Health
- Infosys Portland
- Internal Consulting Group (ICG)
- Litmus Group
- McKinsey & Co
- Mentor Pharmaceutical Consulting
- Mercer Consulting
- Millward Brown Vermeer
- Net Balance Management
- Nous Group
- Oliver Wyman
- Oyster Consulting
- Partners in Performance
- Port Jackson Partners
- Qedis Consulting
- SAP Consulting
- SMS Management & Technology
- SMT Consulting Group
- Strategy& (formerly Booz & Company)
- Synovate Business Consulting
- TATA Consulting
- The IQ Business Group
- Third Horizon
- Towers Watson
- Wipro Consulting
Other useful organisations to consider
- Institute of Management Consultants – a professional association for management consultants.
- 180 Degrees Consulting – a student lead consulting firm working on a pro-bono basis in the NFP sector.
The following lists and links are provided to give you are head-start. Do not limit yourself to these recommendations. All candidates are advised to do a thorough search and identify other sources of information.
Case Interview Secrets by Victor Cheng
The Consulting Bible by Jenny Rae Le Roux & Kevin Gao
Crack The Case System by David Ohrvall
Case in Point by Marc P. Cosentino
Consulting Case 101's reading list