Joining the AGSM MBA (Extension) program
Undertaking an internship or research project provides you with the opportunity to apply the management concepts developed throughout your AGSM MBA program and gain valuable practical experience.
The AGSM MBA (Extension) is designed for students seeking to extend their MBA experience to include an internship (or similar work-integrated learning activities) or in-depth research project.
The MBA (Extension) (8357) is identical to the full-time MBA (8350) with the addition of an extra term (Term 5), totalling 120 Units of Credit (UOC), and undertaken over approximately 130 weeks.
To apply for the MBA (Extension) students must first complete the core units of the MBA (please note that direct applications to this program are not accepted.)
View MBA (Extension) program details
The internship or research project
The Work Integrated Learning or Extension Research project must:
- Be in an area relevant to management
- Relate to your career aspirations
- Have an appropriate academic staff member available to supervise the project
The activities undertaken in Term 5 are subject to the prior written approval of the AGSM Academic Director and must involve appropriate supervision and assessment.
Students must source their own internships and ensure they provide conditions for a successful completion of the Work Integrated Learning project (WIL). Students may undertake paid or unpaid internships – it is up to the individual agreement with the organisation with which they have their internship. Individual students are responsible for investigating potential visa implications of paid/unpaid internships.
Term 5 of the MBA (Extension) fee will be at a reduced fee equating to about 50% of the normal fee.
Depending on a student’s individual circumstances, the following extension structures (and associated timeframes) are available:
There are 3 options
MNGT5588 Extension Research project (24 UOC) 6 months
MNGT5592 Work Integrated Learning (24 UOC) 6 months
Or combination of the two below
MNGT5587 Extension Research project (12UOC) 3 months
MNGT5590 Work Integrated Learning (12 UOC) 3 months
- Experience Sydney, financial capital of Australia, gateway to Asia and the world’s fastest growing economic region. Our campus is five minutes from world-famous beaches, and fifteen minutes from Sydney centre, an entertainment and dining hub.
- Study alongside the best and the brightest. The average Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) result in an AGSM @ UNSW Business School classroom is 655, ensuring you’ll be amongst a high-calibre cohort.
- Learn from a globally renowned faculty that combines industry experience and active research agendas, with impressive teaching abilities.
- Make powerful connections with international recruiters and corporations.
- Draw on the powerful global and business network of 15,000 alumni across 68 countries. One in five of our alumni are in VP positions or higher in their organisations.
- Open doors across the globe. Study with other leading business schools around the world through our international exchange program.