Joining the AGSM MBA program
Joining the program is one of the most important decisions you can make, whether it is to further your current career, make a change or uncover new abilities in yourself.
For more than 40 years our students have been accelerating their career and personal goals with an AGSM MBA. Those undertaking an AGSM MBA each year form an exceptionally talented group of students from different backgrounds, but with the common aims to learn, grow and succeed.
Once a part of this select community you’ll gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to set new directions in your life. Your career and salary will accelerate, you’ll have life-long learning opportunities and, through our powerful AGSM alumni association, you will become part of an influential global network of business leaders in 68 countries.
View MBA full-time program details
The AGSM MBA concentrates on helping you prepare for leadership roles in business and government. It’s about real-world learning that combines traditional classroom teaching with case studies and teamwork to develop management skills, encourage critical thinking and sharpen your decision-making ability.
You’ll learn from internationally recognised faculty with industry experience, you'll get management insights from current business leaders, and you'll benefit from the knowledge of your fellow students, many of whom have worked for global organisations.
The team-based activities in the AGSM MBA hone negotiation skills and emphasise the importance of working together co-operatively. And, of course, creativity and entrepreneurship are qualities that we are committed to encouraging.
But it doesn’t stop there. Your connection with AGSM MBA opens doors in Australia and the Asia Pacific region, through our career management service. The AGSM MBA also offers access to a powerful and influential alumni network that will serve you well throughout your career.
The AGSM Master of Business Administration is an intensive sixteen month full time program designed for ambitious professionals. It is not only relevant, innovative and practical but also challenging both on a personal and professional level. To take full advantage of the program you will be expected to participate in many internal and external activities in addition to a robust academic study load. The pace and volume of work, coupled with the expectations of you, make it difficult for our FT MBA Candidates to work and study at the same time, especially in the first core stage of the program. We recommend that you do not work while you’re in our FT Program – please note that in the latter parts of the degree there may be opportunities to commence an internship when a significant amount of your program has been completed and you have more time in your schedule. Being accepting into the AGSM FT MBA is a once in a lifetime opportunity and we encourage you to take the necessary time, and give yourself the personal and professional space, not only to accelerate your career, but also to reflect and work towards becoming what you were made for.
- You’ll be studying in Sydney - financial capital of Australia and gateway to Asia, the world’s fastest growing economic region
- You’ll study alongside the best and the brightest. The average Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) result in an AGSM @ UNSW Business School classroom is 655, which means our classrooms are filled with the highest calibre students
- You’ll be taught by a globally renowned faculty that combines industry experience and active research agendas, with impressive teaching abilities
- You’ll make powerful connections with international recruiters and corporations
- You can draw on the powerful global and business network of 10,000 alumni across 68 countries. One in five of our alumni are in VP positions or higher in their organisations
- You have access to our international exchange program with other leading business schools across the world
- You’ll live in one of the best cities in the world – Sydney. The Kensington campus is five minutes from Coogee Beach and offers a vibrant lifestyle