Student ID cards
How to get your Student ID card
UNSW student ID cards are available to enrolled students and:
- provide out-of-hours access to the AGSM Building
- provide access to the study rooms on Ground Floor
- provide physical access* to borrow from the UNSW library
- allow you to use the Library's printers, photocopiers and scanners at UNSW's Kensington campus
In-person student card collection
To obtain your student ID card, you should visit Student Central in person. Opening hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 08:30-5:30, Wednesday: 10.00-5.30 and Friday: 8.30-5.00. You will need to bring your student number and one form of VALID photo identification from the following options:
- Australian driver's licence
- previous year's UNSW student card
- NSW photo identification card
If you are fulltime student and
eligible for a travel concession, complete the
Transport Concession form and bring it along with you.
If you are unable to collect your student card in person
If you are unable to visit the Student Central in person during business hours please email your request for a student ID card to
firstname.lastname@example.org and cc:
- A passport photo in jpg format
- A scan of a valid Australian Driver's Licence or passport or NSW Identity Card certified by a Justice of the Peace
- An address to send the card to.
For further information please review
Student ID Card page on UNSW's website
*The Library's online collection is accessible remotely via
www.library.unsw.edu.au, with your zID and zPass.
All students may be issued one student ID card free-of-charge. If you lose your student card, or it is stolen, you will need to apply for a new card and there is a charge of $25. Student cards are valid for three years.