Student ID cards

How to get your Student ID card

As an AGSM student you are eligible for a UNSW student ID cards that:

  • provide out-of-hours access to the AGSM Building
  • provide access to the study rooms on Ground Floor
  • provide physical access* to borrow from the UNSW library
  • allow you to use the Library's printers, photocopiers and scanners at UNSW's Kensington campus

The process of obtaining your student ID is done through student central. For information on how to obtain your student ID card in person, replacements and the process for distance students, please click here. Please note that the process for distance students is at the bottom of the page linked here.

Travel concession will be available for eligible domestic students. Click here for more information.

In-person student card collection

To obtain your student ID card, you should visit Student Central in person. Opening hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 08:30-5:30, Wednesday: 10.00-5.30 and Friday: 8.30-5.00. You will need to bring your student number and one form of VALID photo identification from the following options:

  • passport
  • Australian driver's licence
  • previous year's UNSW student card
  • NSW photo identification card

If you are fulltime student and eligible for a travel concession, complete the Transport Concession form and bring it along with you.

If you are unable to collect your student card in person

If you are unable to visit the Student Central in person during business hours please email your request for a student ID card to and cc:

Please include:

  1. A passport photo in jpg format
  2. A scan of a valid Australian Driver's Licence or passport or NSW Identity Card certified by a Justice of the Peace
  3. An address to send the card to.

For further information please review Student ID Card page on UNSW's website

*The Library's online collection is accessible remotely via, with your zID and zPass.

Lost cards

All students may be issued one student ID card free-of-charge. If you lose your student card, or it is stolen, you will need to apply for a new card and there is a charge of $25. Student cards are valid for three years.