Please note you can always contact Student Experience with your questions.
The Learning Centre supports students with the development of their academic skills. The Learning Centre can help you adjust to academic culture, new approaches to learning and teaching. It also offers a range of learning and language assistance programs.
Learning skills workshops are available to all business students to help enhance academic performance and literacy.
Leadership, Education, Association and Development (LEAD) Program is a leadership development program for UNSW Australia Business School post-graduate students to build leadership and interpersonal skills.
The Fridge and University Student Success, Resilience and Well-being
(Website content by UNSW School of Psychology, and UNSW counselling staff)
www.thefridge.org.au: for university students interested in improving their self-management capability.
www.unistudentsuccess.com: for university staff and students interested in facilitating student success.
A broad range of information from support services, to student volunteer groups, to curricular strategies.
Educational Support Advisors
Educational Support Advisors work with all students to promote the development of skills needed to succeed at university, whilst also providing personal support throughout the process.
They are available to help students with self management and study related matters including:
- Support and advocacy on wellbeing related matters such as financial, tenancy, drug and alcohol concerns, access to legal services, and much more
- Strategies to work out how students can get the best from their studies, develop better study habits, and work out ways to improve their academic performance
- Support with university processes such as special consideration applications, grade appeals, course variation or withdrawal
- Talk through any concerns you may be having about a friend or family member - these worries can greatly affect your academic life
- Even if you are not entirely sure that something is wrong, you can still see an advisor to talk through your situation!
Get more information or make an appointment
Phone: +61 2 9385 9365
Exams with Less Stress
The CAPS MIND SMART Project has produced an e-module to support students in their preparation for exams. A link to "Exams With Less Stress" Module is provided below.
Students will need to use the password given below to access the module once they have logged into Moodle information.
Please enter via: Student Enrolment Key/password: MindSmart
Room bookings and postgraduate spaces
To book a syndicate room in the AGSM Building for a study group, please email email@example.com
To book a room at the Sydney CBD campus phone: +61 2 9331 9444.
To book a room in the library, please book in using the following website: Library room bookings
The Hub is a shared space where students can study, use meeting rooms for group work activities or just hang out with friends. Working space is provided for interns, social work students on placement and those working on joint staff or student projects.
- Power sockets, free Wi-Fi and comfy couches
- A cosy space with book exchange and chilled music
- Quiet space for personal study
- Bookable meeting rooms with large monitor displays, whiteboards and seating for up to 10 people
Postgraduate common room, UNSW Business School Building, lower campus
ARC (Student Union) Postgraduate lounge
Online study skills
The AGSM Learning guide provides advice, information and tools to help you develop the skills and study practices that you will need to successfully complete your degree.
You can access the guide through Moodle, where it is listed alongside the other courses you are studying.
We strongly recommend that you read through these resources before your first session of study, and return to them regularly during your studies.