Assessment Task 1: Project Scope Report (Individual task: 15%)
During the first workshop students will be allocated to a group and receive their respective Social Entrepreneurship Project Brief. Students will then engage with the Social Enterprise to scope and clarify project deliverables.
In order to assist you in contributing effectively to your group’s project deliverables (Assessment tasks 3A & 3B), this individual assessment task requires you to:
• Examine your group’s project brief to ensure you understand what project deliverables are expected (seek clarification where required);
• Reflect on the business knowledge and skills you have thus far learned (both in your MCom and this course, including theory, models, tools etc.) as well as conduct additional research related to the project deliverables, with the aim of identifying relevant knowledge and skills for your group project deliverables;
• Write a 1,000 word report that scopes:
o the nature and purpose of the project
o relevant knowledge and skills, indicating how they will assist in developing your group’s project deliverables
o an implementation outline, including timeline, required resources and any identified risks
[A table designed to capture the alignment of relevant material and project time line might be used and located at the front of your scoping document. Such a table will not be included in the 1,000 word length].
• The report must be refenced correctly and provide a Reference List (Harvard referencing style)
It is intended that students’ individual scoping reports will provide a rich source of material to assist teams more quickly determine how to proceed with their group project deliverables (Assessments 2 and 3).
The Project Scope Report is due in Week 3 (Friday 10 August, by 11.59pm), using the Turnitin link on Moodle. The word limit is 1000 (with a leniency of, plus or minus, 10%).
Assessment Task 2: Multiple Choice Quiz questions (Individual task: 10%)
From Weeks 1 to 6 students will complete an online module before coming to each class (e.g. Module 1 must be completed before class in Week 1, Module 2 must be completed before class in Week 2 etc.). At the beginning of each class from Weeks 1 to 6 students will complete a short multiple-choice quiz (3-4 questions each week) based on the online module for that week. There will be six short multiple-choice quizzes in total. The best four marks for the six quizzes will be used to calculate the 10% mark for the quizzes.
Assessment Task 3: Client Project
3A: Project Presentation (Group task: 5%; Individual task: 15%)
In their team, students will design a 10 minute project presentation for the social entrepreneur client, communicating the key aspects of the project (share their approach, reasoning and project status) in an effort to receive feedback for the Final Project Report. The group presentation is worth 5% of the final mark.
The project presentation will be delivered in class in Week 8, Wednesday, 12 September, and should include all team members and provide:
• A brief statement about the project and its purpose (to provide a context for the presentation)
• A brief overview of the approach taken and why
• A summary of work progressed thus far and anticipated outcomes in regard to the project deliverables including challenges and risks
Immediately following the group presentation, each student will be asked to individually answer questions regarding content discussed in the presentation. The individual Q&A responses is worth 15% of the final mark.
Receiving clear feedback from the social entrepreneur client, which will be invaluable for the final report (Assessment 3B) will be dependent upon the quality of the presentation and responses to Q&A.
3B: Final Project Report (Group task: 25%)
Following the feedback received during their presentation, each team will submit a report based upon the project undertaken. Specifically, students will submit a copy of their group’s client report (or other project output as agreed by the client and project team), which was delivered to the client at completion of the Practicum.
The Project Scope Report is due in Week 12 (Monday 15 October by 9.00am). The Final Project Report is 3000 words. There is a leniency of plus or minus 10%.
Assessment Task 4: Personal and Professional Development Report (Individual task: 30%)
Drawing on the knowledge and skills learned throughout the course (including online modules, class time, and social entrepreneurship client project), student will write a 2,000 word 'Personal and Professional Development Report' that identifies, assesses and synthesises the impact their learning has had on their personal and professional development to date and how they will apply this to their future business practice. In writing the Personal and Professional Development Report students should address:
• two issues that have most impacted upon their personal development;
• two issues that have most impacted upon their business knowledge development;
• two issues that have most impacted upon their business skill development.
In developing their response students should include what the issues are, and how and why they have impacted or will impact their personal and professional development.
The Critical Review and Reflection is due in Week 13 (Friday 26 October by 11:59pm). The word limit is 2,000 (with a leniency of, plus or minus, 10%).