The Graduate Certificate in Social Impact, UNSW Sydney, is a pathway to social impact that lays the groundwork for future study and career options. Learn the dynamics of the social economy and how business, social enterprise, government, foundations and community organisations can work together.
Graduates move toward a rewarding career in social impact or further study to develop expertise in systemic change or business administration.
Why choose this graduate certificate?
The Graduate Certificate in Social Impact is delivered in a combination of face-to-face and online courses designed for working professionals. The intensive face-to-face classes are taught over two full weekends to provide minimal impact to your personal and professional lives.
You will build skills in social entrepreneurship, innovation, investment and measurement, as well as global trends and acquire the essential knowledge, frameworks and best practice to lead sustainable and systemic change.
Graduates are eligible to apply to the Graduate Diploma of Social Impact and pathway into the AGSM MBAX (Social Impact).
UNSW Business School is a leading business school in the Asia-Pacific, with our subjects consistently ranking within the top 50 worldwide. Our students build professional networks among more than 90,000 Business School alumni worldwide and begin their new career before graduation.
During this postgraduate degree you will have access to a suite of professional development opportunities offered by Career Accelerator, that are exclusive to UNSW’s Business School students. Career Accelerator helps you build industry connections through networking, mentoring, internships and global business practicums opportunities.
Who is this degree for?
- Professionals working in the social sector who are looking to upskill and further develop their social impact knowledge and skills
- Professionals working in the public or business sectors looking to develop social impact knowledge and skills to inform their current or future work practice
- Professionals who seek a pathway into the Graduate Diploma of Social Impact or AGSM MBAX (Social Impact), with relevant work experience and no bachelor’s degree qualification
Job and career prospects
The graduate certificate may lead to further studies in Social Impact, which will open up many career opportunities in:
- Not-for-profit and government departments
- Consulting and other business organisations
- Community and research groups
- Public sector
- Educational institutions