AGSM @ UNSW Business School’s Graduate Certificates are a unique part-time qualification that will allow you to develop subject matter expertise within a specialised contemporary field in high demand, including innovation, entrepreneurship and digital technology. Students gain stackable credentials from a globally ranked management school that can be articulated into an MBA degree if you choose to continue your study.
These flexible programs are facilitated by world-class academics and industry practitioners who create dynamic and interactive learning experiences – whether students choose to study in virtual and/or face-to-face modes. Students are immersed in active learning experiences and exposed to the practical tools and skills needed to not only succeed, but to thrive in today’s accelerated world.
Who is this degree for?
AGSM offers innovative, experiential, world-class programs designed to equip a new generation of leaders to make an impact in an accelerated world. Providing the flexibility needed to meet the requirements of professional domestic students, with the option to study part-time and online.
The AGSM Graduate Certificate in Strategic Management is a complete stand-alone qualification and can be undertaken as a pathway to an AGSM Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree. It has been designed for leaders who wish to understand the management of modern, sustainable and technology-rich organisations, to generate, communicate and fulfill strategic visions and outcomes.
This program provides students with critical thinking and application skills for effective strategy implementation. With a focus on a spectrum of principles and features that influence strategy execution, it helps develop practical insights into organisational transformation with themes on the strategic process of managing for change, redesigning structure, human capital and talent management, and smart responses to technology. The program examines the strategic role and organisational value of digital technologies, including digitally enabled innovation, digital ecosystems, and digital transformation and disruption, to realise business value potential.
Graduates will be challenged to think critically and to develop useful insights about the concepts and principles on making better strategy. This includes how to develop and successfully implement strategy, aligning strategy to operating models, governance and culture, leading for high performance, the significance of power and influence, models for leading change and mastering the complexity and plurality of strategic management. Current and emerging approaches and frameworks for strategic decision-making are embedded throughout the program to help establish an alignment between leadership and organisation purpose.
Why choose this qualification?
- Gain access to a range of AGSM MBA courses drawn from our world ranked MBA programs (Not all MBA elective courses are available in Graduate Certificate program offerings)
- Choose the study method that suite you – you can switch between online or face to face courses that compliment your current work and fit easily around your family commitments
- Designed for maximum flexibility and convenience so you can fit in your studies around your busy life – courses are delivered online or face to face in the evenings or weekends
- Discover and learn to apply core strategic frameworks and concepts
- Learn to think strategically and to communicate your strategic vision to others
- Apply learnings immediately to your work, while drawing on your extensive work experience in your course assessments
- Build a collaborative learning environment and developing valued relationships
- Develop self-leadership skills to enhance your personal and professional success
- Project Management
- Decision Making
- Managing People
- Change Management