UNSW Business School students are Australia’s best and brightest, with a reputation for drive and innovation. Our graduates have exceptional employability rates, performing well above the national average. In the 2018 QILT survey, 93% of our postgraduate students were employed full-time within four months of graduating and were earning a median wage of $120k.
Our degrees include up to two for-credit industry experiences, such as internships or global business practicums. The experiences are part of a suite of opportunities that is exclusive to UNSW’s Business School students and organised through Career Accelerator. The professional development opportunities complement your studies, build connections to industry and give you a clear advantage after graduation.
The opportunities are grouped within the Networking, Mentoring, Internships, and Global sections of Career Accelerator.
The people you meet during your time at university can play a profound role in positively shaping your career. Connect with like-minded and influential people through:
- Industry Insights – workshop sessions delivered by industry partners
- Industry Events – invitation-only events hosted by industry partners
- Business Case Competitions – impress future employers with your problem-solving skills
Participating in a mentoring program will boost your confidence, help grow your professional network, develop your communication, teamwork and leadership skills as well as building upon your business acumen.
- Career Mentoring Program – a 10-week program of career mentoring and coaching
- Australian Business Essentials – mentoring for international students with no previous Australian work experience
UNSW Business School’s for-credit and not-for-credit opportunities such as traditional internships, consultancy projects, social entrepreneurship practicums, virtual internships and extra-curricular experiences.
- Internships & Consulting Projects – for-credit projects available in person and online
- Social Entrepreneurship Practicum – for-credit practicum to develop professional team skills in a real project
- Business Experience – online and in-person projects for professional development
The personal and professional benefits of living, studying or working in a different culture are immense and recognised by employers.
- Global Business Practicum - work in small cross-disciplinary student consulting team on a genuine business issue, usually in Asia
- Social Entrepreneurship Practicum - build entrepreneurial, workplace and leadership capabilities in Bali
- Student Exchange – live and study overseas at one of our 200 partner universities
View the full suite of Career Accelerator opportunities.