All applicants must
Applicants must provide supporting documentation as part of the online application. You can find detailed information about the required supporting documentation at “Step 3 Prepare Supporting Documentation” on the
UNSW Graduate Research School website.
Developing a Research Proposal
Please note that a research proposal is required for your application and the UNSW Business School has specific requirements for research proposals.
Your research proposal must be sufficiently detailed to enable us to determine whether it is possible to provide adequate supervision and resources to support your research. The proposal is also used to assess your capacity to undertake research. It should be 3-7 pages in length and demonstrate:
- Clear aims and objectives
- Some consideration of method
- A good command of the English language
- That you are capable of independent and critical thinking
Also it should include:
- A discussion of the issues you would like to explore (why it is important and interesting)
- Background literature supporting your project
- An explanation of the way your project would significantly add to the understanding of the topic
- A bibliography of your background literature
MPhil applicants may submit a brief research proposal which indicates their area of interest.
If you are accepted into our MPhil or PhD program, the research topic may be reviewed or refined during the course of your enrolment.