UNSW Business School students are some of Australia’s best and brightest, with a reputation for drive and innovation. Our graduates have exceptional employability rates, performing well above the national average. The majority of our students are employed full-time within four months of graduating and earning a wage higher than most business & management graduates.
Once diploma students articulate to a Bachelor degree, they will be eligible to take part in industry experiences, such as internships or global business practicums. These experiences are part of a suite of opportunities that is exclusive to UNSW’s Business School students and organised through Career Accelerator. The professional development opportunities complement your studies, build connections to industry and give you a clear advantage after graduation.
The opportunities are grouped within the Networking, Mentoring, Internships, and Global sections of Career Accelerator.
The people you meet during your time at university can play a profound role in positively shaping your career. Connect with like-minded and influential people through:
- Business Connect - an introduction to Networking
- Industry Insights – workshop sessions delivered by industry partners
- Industry Events – invitation-only events hosted by industry partners
- Business Case Competitions – impress future employers with your problem-solving skills
Participating in a mentoring program will boost your confidence, help grow your professional network, develop your communication, teamwork and leadership skills as well as building upon your business acumen.
- Mentor Connect – a quick, online chat with an AGSM MBA student about your future
- Career Mentoring Program – a 10-week program of career mentoring and coaching
UNSW Business School’s for-credit and not-for-credit opportunities such consultancy projects, social entrepreneurship practicums, virtual internships and extra-curricular experiences.
- Internships & Consulting Projects – real-world and virtual projects for program credit
- Social Entrepreneurship Practicum – practicum to develop professional team skills in a real project for program credit
- Business Experience – real-world and virtual projects for professional development
The personal and professional benefits of living, studying or working in a different culture are immense and recognised by employers.
- Global Business Practicum - work in small cross-disciplinary student consulting team on a genuine business issue, usually in Asia
- Social Entrepreneurship Practicum - build entrepreneurial, workplace and leadership capabilities in India
- Business Immersion China - blend business, culture and Chinese language classes with company visits and excursions to sights of significant cultural importance around Shanghai
- International Information Systems & Technology Practicum – experience how e-business systems differ across international borders
- Student Exchange – live and study overseas for up to 3 terms at one of our 200 partner universities
Our programs prepare you for long-term business success. UNSW Business School graduates are currently employed in a variety of professions including: accountant/auditors, commercial managers, economists, financial advisors, human resource consultants, ICT business/system analysts, international business development managers, investment bankers, management consultants, marketing/brand managers, property business analysts, recruitment officers, and tax advisors – to name a few.