UNSW Business School extends a warm invitation to join our sessional teaching team for the redesigned 2021 Bachelor of Commerce where our students will experience a first-year curriculum that is fully integrated around contemporary business themes and take an interdisciplinary approach to teaching world-class business knowledge and skills.
The IFY introduces broad business content, contemporary business skills and essential career development activities to enable our students to look at business opportunities, problems, and issues through the lens of all our disciplines. This is achieved by integrating the content around business opportunities and problems, but also an awareness around different types of organisations.
To effectively deliver the face-to-face, hybrid and online tutorials and workshops that are “integrated”, innovative, and collaboratively taught across disciplines, we are looking for enthusiastic and experienced sessional/casual academic workforce who:
- Care about and genuinely enjoy helping others to progress through their life and learning journeys
- Have experience and demonstrated interests in coaching, mentoring, teaching, and facilitating
- Thrive in collaborative environments to build solutions that create value
- Are personally motivated to complete job related administrative tasks
Click to learn more about the
integrated first year courses and
We encourage Expressions of Interest from experienced tutors who are excited to collaborate across different disciplines and be a part of an integrated teaching team starting Term 1, 2021. We are recruiting tutors, workshop leaders and head tutors.
The EOI portal will allow you to select which courses you would like to teach and the extent of your qualifications and experience. Interested candidates can express interest in casual academic appointments by completing the EOI form and uploading their latest resume.
To apply, please click
here if you are existing staff member and have an active UNSW zID; please click
here if you are a new to the Business School and don’t have a UNSW zID.
We look forward to hearing from you.
UNSW Business School
*All positions will be remunerated according to the UNSW Casual Academic Staff pay scale, please see
NSW (Academic Staff) Enterprise Agreement 2018 (pages 60-63) for further details.
* Successful applicants will be expected to teach tutorials, provide consultations to students, answer students’ questions in discussion forums, mark assessment items, complete the UNSW Business School Tutor Training, and attend meetings as required.
* Applications close: midnight AEST 30th November 2020