Peter Kenyon Scholarship Second Semester 2014
Tuesday, 4 March 2014
Peter Kenyon was a well-known and passionate economist, educator, media commentator and social justice advocate. He believed strongly in the value of tertiary education. Prior to Peter’s passing in February 2012 he requested a scholarship be established in his memory, to help disadvantaged postgraduate students complete their higher degree.
The 2014 Peter Kenyon Memorial Postgraduate Scholarship is valued at $30,000 and will be paid in three equal instalments. It is awarded for a period of 12 months. The Economic Society of Australia is administering the scholarship on behalf of Peter Kenyon’s widow, Jan Wright. The award of the scholarship will be by a selection committee comprising 3 academic representatives of the Economic Society’s Central Council and 2 other academics with whom Peter worked closely.
As a guide, applicants should demonstrate the following eligibility criteria:
- Achievement of an honours degree or equivalent with outstanding results, with a research pathway or equivalent
- Enrolment in, or plans to undertake a postgraduate degree in Economics involving a research component
- An Australian citizen, or recipient of an Australian Permanent Residency or Humanitarian Visa
- Enrolment, or plans to enrol as a full-time student
- Ability to demonstrate socially or financially compelling circumstances
- Not be in receipt of an equivalent valued award or salary to undertake the proposed program
- Not completed a degree at the same or higher level
The closing date for applications in the present round is Friday, 16 May 2014.
Vist the Economic Society of Australia Central Council website to apply or for more information, including timeline and finalised criteria