Malshika is reading for her PhD in Information Systems at UNSW Business School. Before she joined UNSW, she worked at CINEC Campus, Sri Lanka, as a Lecturer in IT cum Program Coordinator. CINEC Campus is affiliated with the University of Wolverhampton and Pearson Education, UK. Malshika completed Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology (Hons), and Master of Philosophy from the University of Colombo in Sri Lanka. As an instructor at the same university she tutored in information systems and computer science undergraduate programs. Malshika worked at the University of Queensland in summer 2016 as a visiting scholar. She has presented research papers at a variety of local and international conferences, including PACIS and ACIS.
- Digital Enablement in Social Innovation
- Professor Shan L Pan
- Dr Daniel Schlagwein (co-supervisor)
- Dias, D. M. P., Weerasinghe, K., Kodikara N.D., & Ekanayaka, Y. (2014). “Achieving Sustainability of e-Government Projects in Developing Nations”.
Proceedings of the 25th Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS 2014), Auckland, New Zealand.
- Dias, M., Kodikara, N.D. & Ekanayaka Y. (2014). "Differences between Universities and Industry in Software Development".
Proceedings of the 32nd National Information Technology Conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka, pp. 207-211.
- Dias, D. M. P., Ekanayaka, Y., & Kodikara N.D. (2014). "Analysis of Factors Contributing to Software Development in Sri Lankan Universities".
Proceedings of the 18th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2014), Chengdu, China, AIS Electronic Library (AISeL), Paper 13.
- Weerasekara, K., Dias, M., Rajapakse, R., Wimalarathne, P., & Dharmarathne, A. (2011). "Two Dimensional Audio Environment for the Visually Impaired".
Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions (ICTer 2011), pp.46-51.
- Digitally Enablement
- Social Innovation
- Qualitative Research Methodology
- Information Systems Management
- Online Social Networks
- UNSW Business School Tuition Fee Scholarship and UNSW Business School Research Stipend
- National Research Council, Sri Lanka Research Fellowship (Grant No 12-074)
- Prof. V K Samaranayake Research Grants for Conference/Workshop and Publication (2014)
- National Science Foundation - International Travel Grants and National Research Council Travel Grants (2014)
- Prof. V K Samaranayake Research Grants for Short-stay (2015/16)