Gordon Cooper (AM, BSc(Econ) NUU, FCA, FTIA (Life), FAICD, CTA, TEP) is a Visiting Professorial Fellow in the Atax program. In June 2003 he was made a Member of the Order of Australia in the Queen's Birthday Honours for "services to the tax profession and to the community as an adviser on national taxation and legislative reform, and through education and professional organisations".
He is a chartered accountant in sole practice as a tax consultant. He has a particular emphasis on capital gains tax and is the co-author of Cooper and Evans on CGT which is published by Thomson Reuters. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and a regular contributor to professional publications. Gordon has a long list of professional involvements:
- Former President of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Former member of the Tax Practitioners Board
- Former Governor of the Australian Tax Research Foundation
- Chairman of the Committee of the Australian Branch of the International Fiscal Association
- Patron of the Australasian Tax Teachers Association
- Chairman of the Australasian Branch of the UK Chartered Institute of Taxation