The Society of Heterodox Economists (SHE) represents a gathering of economists outside the mainstream, who believe that the study of the discipline of economics goes beyond the study of mainstream theory in its present state of development and the application of purely quantitative techniques to the formation of judgments on qualitative questions.
To actively promote our view that awareness of a variety of economics theories is a requirement of professional competence, we have established a structure around the Society of Heterodox Economists which would provide a formal body to lobby on behalf of heterodox economists.
SHE Registration Now Online
- $300.00 Full registration People giving two or more presentations are expected to pay full or early registration
- $270.00 Early bird registration On or before 28 November
- $150.00 Monday one-day registration
- $150.00 Tuesday one-day registration
- $120.00 Concessional registration For students, unemployed or retired
- $50.00 Conference Dinner on Monday
Registration is through the
Australia Institute, which is a co-sponsor of SHE.
(If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can print the registration form, by clicking the words Registration Form)
15th Annual SHE Conference
5th and 6th December 2015
The 15th annual Australian Society of Heterodox Economists (SHE) Conference will be held on the 5th and 6th of December 2016 at the University of New South Wales, Sydney.
The annual SHE Conference provides a vital forum for the discussion of alternatives to mainstream economics. The Conference provides a broad pluralistic and interdisciplinary forum to discuss issues of importance to heterodox economists.
For 2016 the SHE Conference theme is: What future for global capitalism?