Leader: Shan Pan
Members: Songting Dong, Yenni Tim, Veronica Jiang, Sam Kirshner, Suling Jia (Beihang University), Chenxi Li (Beihang University)
The proliferation of data has produced opportunities to identify trends and behaviours, especially in commercial industries. An emerging niche within Analytics is Consumer Analytics – using data to understand the nature, needs and behaviours of an organisation's consumer market. By providing meaningful insights of a company's consumer segments, organisations can provide consumers with features, products and services that will improve their brand experience.
Consumer analytics enables mass customisation, allowing companies to create personalised interactions and experiences. Ultimately, this increases customer engagement and provides further beneficial returns for organisations.
The advantages of effectively developing and applying consumer analytics include:
- Increased response rates, customer loyalty and ROI by contacting the right customers with highly relevant offers and messages
- Reduced campaign costs through targeting customers that are most likely to respond
- Decreased attrition through accurately predicting customers that are most likely to leave and developing the right proactive campaigns to retain them
- Delivering the right message by segmenting customers more effectively and better understanding target populations
Berjaya Corporation Berhad
Berjaya Corporation Berhad (http://www.berjaya.com/) is one of the largest conglomerates in Malaysia with diversified interest across many different industries, including: consumer marketing, property development & investment, resorts, gaming & lottery management, food and beverage, financial services, motor and education.
In 2016, the company established the Berjaya Innovation Group to drive digitally-enabled and data-driven value creation. The Berjaya Innovation Group's mission is to better understand its customers and seamlessly deliver an Omni-Channel Experience. The Berjaya Innovation Group now has six independent analytic business units: B Infinite, SweetSpot, Natural Intelligence Solutions, Informatics, NCC Education and Innovation. These units are set up to develop innovative business models that can either be applied in other Berjaya divisions and/or create new scalable businesses, and thus ensuring Berjaya's continued future success in the new global economy.
SweetSpot Digital (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd is a digital marketing Customer Engagement platform to promote and improve loyalty. Established in response to Berjaya Corporation's desire to significantly strengthen its digital capabilities, SweetSpot is managed under Berjaya's Retail and Innovation Unit.
SweetSpot's primary customer touch-point is the SweetSpot app. The app delivers sweeter days to users by providing contextually relevant promotion offers. Unique and exclusive deals, experiences and rewards are crafted and curated to drive purchases and brand advocacy. In less than two years, SweetSpot has engaged approximately 80,000 users and is continually growing.
This sandbox aims to help SweetSpot leverage Consumer Analytics to create effective campaigns that capture the attention of their consumers.
- Performed research and scoping session to explore the specific opportunities and challenges of SweetSpot in campaign analytics
- Identified data and analytic strategies to design relevant action items for SweetSpot's campaigns
- Designed and developed a solution prototype, i.e., a campaign analytics dashboard for SweetSpot to perform data-driven decision making. This dashboard will be continuously tested and improved based on feedback gathered