UNSW Business School has the right to set conditions under which students may view their final exam scripts. Individual Schools within the Faculty may set up a local process providing it is in keeping with the Faculty protocol below. The UNSW Business School has set the following protocol under which students may view their final exam script:
- A student must lodge a request to view his or her final exam script within the time limit set by the relevant School / Lecturer-in-Charge, with the maximum limit being within 7 working days immediately following the official release of overall course results. This request must be lodged with the School / Lecturer-in-Charge (LIC) [exact procedure to be at the discretion of each School].
- The School / LIC may fix a time at which all students wishing to see their exams will be permitted to do so. This time should be communicated to all students. The School / LIC may refuse to allow access to the exams at other times.
- Viewing of the exam script, for a maximum of 30 minutes, will take place under the supervision of the LIC or a supervisor nominated by the relevant School.
- At the designated time, the student will:
- be required to show his or her student card prior to being given access to the exam script; and
- at a minimum, be given his or her exam script, a copy of the exam questions and a mark scheme that shows marks allocated to part questions. At the discretion of the LIC, a student may be able to view a detailed mark sheet, sample responses, or answers to questions.
- At the designated time, the student will not be permitted to:
- bring any writing implement or surface into the room; or
- copy or photograph any part of any document provided.
- A student will not be permitted to view his or her marked answers to multiple choice questions.
- Students inspecting their exams will not be permitted at that time to discuss or dispute the marks allocated.
- If, after viewing the script, the student feels that there has been an error in marking, he or she may lodge a formal application for re-assessment in line with the normal University procedure.
(Note that an application for review of results on a final exam must be submitted no later than 5 working days from the date of release of results. See the ‘Your results’ page for further details.)
- Records will be kept of all students requesting to view their exam scripts.
(Acknowledgement: Some information in this guideline was drawn from the
School of Maths & Stats policy.)
The Faculty Protocol will be available through the Business School website. Individual School / course process will be communicated to students through the School website and/or course Moodle site.